Wednesday, February 28, 2024

February Prayer Letter

 February 2024

 

Dear Praying Friends,

 

He was scheduled for a procedure that Friday, so asked for us to come over to see him. We had a good conversation and since he was a bit nervous about the upcoming hospital visit, we had a time of prayer at the end. He gripped my hand and said, “I am looking forward to Sunday!” Why is that? I asked not sure what he was referring to. “My procedure is on Friday but on Sunday, I get to go home!” he answered with a smile.

 

His procedure went well and all seemed fine; he was stable and scheduled to go home on Sunday. But on Saturday night, he closed his eyes in the hospital room and opened them to his new eternal home in heaven! That Sunday, he was able to worship the Lord in person!

 

None of us know when the date of our departure will be. If we knew that our departure was this Saturday night, how would that affect our choices for the rest of this week? What would we value differently? How would we talk and what would we do knowing that our departure was this Saturday night? David said it best in 1 Samuel 20:3 “...there is but a step between me and death.”

 

May each of us value the things that are of heaven and not the things that are of earth. May we all honestly say, “I am looking forward to Sunday!”

 

Life is but a vapor,

 

Mark Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment