Sunday, December 9, 2012

December Prayer Letter


December 2012

Dear Praying Friends,

I had been working hard for days to finish the construction before the next rain front moved in.  I had one more day of good weather and was confident that I could finish.  My body, however, decided to protest and I woke up that morning with horrendous lower back pain.  Barely able to move, I consoled myself with the thought that I could at least get some work done on the computer.  That is when the electricity went out.  That same day, my wife needed to go to the grocery store but discovered another problem, the car wouldn't start.  Muttering under my breath, I was not in a thankful mood. 

Our son, Joshua, however, saw things from a different perspective.  Instead of seeing all the problems and wondering what was going to go wrong next, like his murmuring father, he saw all the things that were still working, all the things we still had and all the blessings we still enjoyed.  He said, “Dad, don’t be discouraged, we still have lots to be thankful for!”

Sometimes our children teach us.  Sometimes the young instruct the old.  My son was right.  We all have so much to be thankful for and so many blessings that we still enjoy.  With Thanksgiving past and Christmas coming soon, we all should stop and thank our God for the many blessings He has given us and most importantly, thank Him for the coming of the Savior so many years ago.

Thanking the Father for His Son and for mine,


Mark Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment