Friday, May 25, 2012

May Prayer Letter


May 2012

Dear Praying Friends,

May fourth was a momentous occasion in the Hale household.  On that day, my wife, Michele, became a graduate of Louisiana Baptist University.  She received a Masters degree in education after several hard years of labor.  Unfortunately, she didn’t get to attend the ceremonies there, but we did have a small celebration here in Portugal to honor her achievement.

What is amazing to me is that in addition to her master’s work, she also is the primary teacher as we home school our son, Joshua whom she has taught since Kindergarten.  She also has prepared hundreds of Sunday School lessons along with review games, work sheets, take home papers, verse tokens and a multitude of other materials for students and teachers – and she has done that in both the Lithuanian and Portuguese languages!!  She has worked side by side with me in all of our ministries and still finds time to keep our home, prepare thousands of meals, be a wonderful mom and wife and an excellent helpmeet to me.  Needless to say, I am impressed with my wife, very proud of her achievements and so very thankful to the Lord for this amazing woman!

I cannot believe next month we will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary!  I still wonder, as I am sure many of you do, why this beautiful, talented, intelligent and hard working lady ever married me! The last time I asked my wife this question, she told me, “Love is blind!”

Thanking God for my wife,


Mark Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment