Tuesday, July 17, 2012

June Prayer Letter


June 2012

Dear Praying Friends,

With my father standing next to me, I waited at the front of the church.  The music started and she entered with her father at her side.  She was a vision in pure white, but to tell you the truth, I don’t remember the dress all that much, but I sure do the gorgeous lady who was wearing it!!  I found it difficult to breathe, she looked so beautiful.  Could this really be happening?  Could this classy, elegant, godly lady be walking down the aisle to be my wife? 

It is hard to believe that 25 years have passed since that wonderful day.  Honestly, it feels more like a year or two.  I have gotten old, fat and gray while my bride has hardly changed.  I think she is more beautiful now than when I married her. I hear her humming or singing hymns while she fixes a meal, I see her hunched at the computer, preparing lessons and teaching aids.  I watch her stretch our food budget when it doesn’t look like we will have enough to last the month.  She encourages and helps.  She listens and loves.  She is devoted to God and her family and I am still amazed that the Lord has blessed me so much with a treasure like Michele!

I was wrong on our wedding day.  During that long ago ceremony, I looked at my beautiful wife and thought, “There is no way I could ever love her more than I do right now!”  Oh, how wrong I was!  She and I have shared so much over the years; triumphs and failures, abundance and want, great blessings and horrible losses.   Yet through it all, God has greatly blessed us and been with us every step of the way.  It is only because of His great love and care for us that we can celebrate these wonderful 25 years. 

To God be the glory, great things he hath done!


Mark Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment