Monday, November 13, 2017

September Prayer Letter

September 2017

Dear Praying Friends,

I remember the first time I held him. 19 years ago, a blizzard howled in the darkness in Lithuania, but a miracle was happening inside. The doctor clamped and cut his umbilical cord, he was cleaned and swaddled and handed to me. His dark brown eyes squinting in the bright lights of the delivery room, inquisitively looking up at me, his tiny hand reached up to touch my face. 

It was love at first sight!

I remember the last time I held him.  The hot sun blazed down upon us as we said our goodbyes.  The umbilical cord was being cut and our miracle was leaving the nest.  His dark brown eyes squinted down at me in the bright sunlight and his big hand reached down to wipe the tears flowing down my face. He was leaving home to follow the call of God and begin his studies at Bible college.

It was love at last sight!

Please pray for our son, Joshua, as he obeys the call of his Creator and Savior to be a pastor in the US.  Please pray for us as we continue to serve the Lord in Portugal, but now without a valued member of our team.  We are thankful for the 19 years God has given us and are thankful that Joshua has obeyed the will of the Lord.  None of us like this separation, but each one of us knows, this is exactly what God wants, so we obey, knowing God’s will is ALWAYS best!  Back in 1985, as I left home for the mission field for the first time, my father gave me godly advice that I passed on to my son, “In spite of the years of separation on earth, we have all eternity together in heaven to be glad we did this God’s way.”

Thankful that God sent His Son,


Mark Hale







No comments:

Post a Comment